In Nevada, 94 students drop out every school day. That means more than 23,900 Nevada students per year will end up in poor health, low-paying jobs and relying on government assistance. They’re also more likely to end up incarcerated or as a teen parent. The good news is that you can turn those numbers around by getting involved with Communities In Schools, a trusted organization that’s proven to increase graduation rates and improve lives.
When you don’t have a lot of time, but want to make a big difference, consider making a tax-deductible donation to Communities In Schools. Your one-time or ongoing contributions are felt on a daily basis, providing food, clothing, medical care and more to students in need.
Helping hands hold our community together, making it a better place to live for all. As they say, it takes a village to raise a child, so join our “village” of volunteers committed to the cause and let us know how you’d like to get involved. We can’t wait to work with you!
Additional Ways to Help
- Donate School Supplies – Donations of school supplies, uniforms and shoes give our students the tools and confidence they need be successful. For a list of current needs, please contact us at 702-770-7611.
- Make a Goodwill Donation – Next time you make a donation to your local Goodwill Center, let them know you want to support the CIS-Goodwill Charity Gift Card Program by filling out this form to include with your donation.
- Shop Online – Shop for a cause! Simply register with Amazon Smile and iGive to shop thousands of participating retailers who will donate a portion of your purchase amount to Communities In Schools.
- Donate Your Vehicle – You can trade in your car, but why not turn it into a better life for a child in need? Car donations are tax deductible. Visit our car donation site or call 877-4-THE-CIS or 877-484-3247 to learn more.
- Support the Elementary and Secondary Education Act – We are working to amend the ESEA to allow Communities In Schools’ local affiliates to effectively compete for federal resources to fund their work. Write your local representative from our website.
- Write to Your Representatives – Tell your representative that the future of our youth needs to be their top priority and speak up for the thousands of Nevada children who will not make it to their high school graduation.