Communities In Schools of Nevada is always looking for talented individuals that want to contribute and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communities In Schools of Nevada works within the public school system, determining student needs and establishing relationships with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers, and parent and volunteer organizations to provide needed resources. We measure our success by the results we are able to achieve for the young people we serve. We carefully evaluate all aspects of our programs, and use that information to constantly improve. For every one of our success stories, there are dozens of young people who need the help that Communities In Schools provides.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR I (Elko, NV)
- General Organizational Management
- Community Partnerships
- Resource Development/Fundraising
- Managing and Developing CIS Sites
- Providing and/or Brokering Quality Youth Programming and Services
- Reporting and Evaluation
GENERAL DUTIES: Responsible for overall management of a regional Communities In Schools Affiliate.
General Organizational Management
Develops and maintains a smoothly run internal administrative system while responding to external needs with accuracy and efficiency; ensures effective business operations in compliance with TQS standards. Develops, coordinates and implements initiatives to ensure and enhance effectiveness of the CIS program; participates in and supports development of an annual operations plan and long-range strategic plan. Attends CIS state and national meetings, and national committees and trainings as appropriate.
State Office Relations
Reports to the CIS of Nevada CEO. Serves as a liaison to and supports the various planning processes of the CIS of Nevada State board as requested and provides sufficient information to fulfill the CIS of Nevada State board policy-making responsibilities as needed. Supports State staff and State board members in local fundraising activities and special events. Assists State grant writer with preparing grants, proposals and applications to potential funding sources when appropriate. Submits an annual regional budget for review, inclusion in the CIS of Nevada State budget and approval by the CIS of Nevada State board of directors; continuously monitors expenses and revenues compared to budget; and ensures regional compliance for the completion of an annual independent audit.
Affiliate Advisory Council Relations
Works closely with the Affiliate Advisory Council and chairperson to support and facilitate all Affiliate Advisory Council functions, including assisting in the recruitment of new members; helps to plan Affiliate Advisory Council meeting agendas; works with individual Affiliate Advisory Council members to ensure that all members understand the mission and goals of CIS.
Maintains appropriate linkages with school district leadership and the Board of Trustees to ensure a cooperative partnership with the school district in implementing CIS initiatives. Maintains appropriate linkages with other academic leadership including institutes of higher education and early childhood education organizations.
Presents the CIS mission, vision and initiatives within the community; develops business, education and human service partnerships; provides leadership in the field of dropout prevention; participates in other community organizations or activities; encourages community interest in CIS.
Develops, manages, supports and executes applicable fundraising programs and events, solicitation of donations, and in-kind services with support of the local advisory council and state office team.
Managing and Developing CIS Sites
Supervises the hiring and management of all affiliate employees (between 1 – 19 employees) and school sites. Oversees the periodic assessment of school site needs; collaborates on brokering and coordinating services to youth and families that address the Five CIS Basics and provides oversight to CIS initiatives.
Reporting and Evaluation
Collaborates with State office to ensure program evaluation procedures are in place and implementation of regional program evaluation is executed; assures assessment of program effectiveness; prepares periodic progress reports and an annual report assessing the affiliate’s progress in meeting its objectives. Provides required reports to CIS state and national organizations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public administration, education, social science or related field. Seasoned, experienced management professional. High level of interpersonal and communication skills a must. Well connected in education, social service and/or business community. Excellent organizational, training, coordination, fundraising and leadership skills. Sensitivity to needs of youth and diverse ethnic populations.
CIS of Nevada CEO.
This is not an exhaustive document and is subject to change when necessary by Communities in Schools Nevada. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
COMPREHENSIVE SITE COORDINATOR I (Elko, Reno, and Las Vegas NV)
Responsible for leading or co-leading a school site team in the implementation of the CIS Model at a comprehensive CIS of Nevada site. Serve as a liaison between the CIS of Nevada comprehensive site school leadership team and the CIS of Nevada office. Responsible for developing, planning, implementing and supervising the tasks associated with the annual School Site Support Plan to include Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 services. Work closely with school staff, parents/families, community agencies and students to assure coordination of the community’s services for the benefit of the students and their families. Perform any and all reasonable and work-related duties assigned by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- Assess the current campus needs with administration, teachers, school staff, parents/guardians and students, and coordinate community resources where possible to provide the needed services.
- Evaluate special campus/student problems and coordinate resources to meet the needs.
- Plan and implement special events and guest speakers for students with pre-approved programs when part of the CIS School Site Services Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Plan parental involvement activities and engage parents when part of the CIS School Site Services Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Assist CIS of Nevada Leadership in collaborating with community agencies and fostering new community resources.
- Collaborate with school staff to provide or broker appropriate services to address attendance, behavioral, course performance, and physical or social services for students in need and ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Recruit students and enroll in Tier 2 and Tier 3 integrated student support services with consent of Parent/Guardian through a signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Coordinate and complete an individual Student Support Plan for all Tier 2 and Tier 3 case managed students.
- Supervise attendance, behavior, and/or course performance goals for each student.
- Complete all forms and documentation according to program guidelines and timelines.
- Provide and document all services per program requirements.
- Keep all documentation current, which is within 30 calendar days of the service delivery.
- Access and coordinate community health and human service agencies for services delivered for the benefit of CIS of Nevada students and their families.
- Enroll students for Tier 2 and Tier 3 integrated student support services sufficient to meet required program caseload requirements as set by CIS National TQS and CIS of Nevada guidelines.
Documentation and Reporting
- Complete case management documentation in the required format, within established timelines.
- Complete monthly reports in the required format, within required timelines.
- Complete required correspondence and communication, including telephone and e-mail.
- Respond to and complete special reports as required by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- Report to CIS of Nevada Leadership issues affecting school relationships and emergency information.
- Complete registration of all new students in the data entry system as required.
- Enter service data for all CIS of Nevada students in the data entry system, within 30 days of the service delivery.
- Proactively report all problems with the data entry system to the CIS of Nevada Data Director, immediately.
- Enter all progress data quarterly and end of year data as required.
- Promote cooperation between school faculty, administration and the CIS of Nevada team, whenever possible.
- Collaborate with school staff in order to integrate the CIS of Nevada Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 services, and keep informed about pertinent activities occurring at the school and in the community.
- Provide desired feedback to the school and agency personnel.
- Network with school staff to create and maintain positive image of the CIS of Nevada.
- Communicate regularly with the school administration and staff.
Meetings, Training, and Professional Development
- Attend all CIS of Nevada Site Coordinator meetings.
- Participate in CIS of Nevada personal and professional development trainings.
- Complete SCLP certification through CIS University within required timeline.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the health and human services (or a closely related) field. Experience working with at-risk youth and case management preferred. Strong interpersonal, written and communications skills, along with computer and data base skills. Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable.