Communities In Schools of Nevada is always looking for talented individuals that want to contribute and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position available: Human Resource Director, Las Vegas
- Recruitment, testing and selection.
- Onboarding and administrative orientation.
- Compensation and benefits administration.
- Employee records management (I-9, W-4, etc). Draft and update all letters of employment, job descriptions, and other required paperwork for employees and contractors at appropriate intervals.
- Work with staff, Board to ensure that personnel policies including the Employee Handbook for the state and each affiliate are in keeping with current laws, are clearly communicated to all staff, and are Board approved.
- Ensure that background checks/finger-printing are completed for appropriate staff.
- Ensure that all employees receive regular performance appraisal. Assist in the remediation and dismissal of employees.
- Responsible for job compensation analysis and evaluation.
- Offers staff development opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of labor relations principles and practices including local, state, and federal laws and regulations applicable to our human resources practices.
- Work with staff and Board members to ensure that insurance policies capture current organization staff, volunteers, premises, and activities.
- Develop policies for areas of perceived risk to the organization and ensure that these policies are clearly communicated to staff.
- Develop and maintain contracts/agreements with vendors; ensure that all contracts and agreements receive sufficient vetting and are appropriate to CIS mission, needs, and policies.
- Support the Finance Manager; enact GAAP-compliant procedures as needed.
- Provide administrative support to State Office CEO, state and affiliate staff.
- State office purchasing.
- Assess and track all office equipment, including software licensing.
- Ensure that the administrative needs of the state office are met.
TQS Technical Assistance
- Serve as liaison with National for all TQS-related matters; serve on National accreditation review teams.
- Oversight of re-accreditation of existing affiliates and state office; assist in developing TQS-compliant new affiliates. Ensure TQS and data management align.
- Coordinate with affiliate/state office management team and staff.
Work Space Infrastructure & IT Support
- Works alongside the Chief of Staff to support the needs of the office by means of creating suitable work stations and environments. This may include changing current configurations to better meet staff needs as well as prepare space and logistics for new hires.
- Works alongside the Chief of Staff in providing IT support to staff when needed. This includes brokering relationships with IT vendors, ordering, organizing staff trainings and trouble shooting IT problems. This pertains to equipment such as computers, printers, hot spots, wireless and phones.
Significant work experience in Human Resource field and business operations. PHR designation and experience in non-profit organization preferred. Good communication, problem-solving skills and proactive perspective.
Salary: $62,757.00 to $81,583.00 /year
Clearing a criminal background check and drug testing required.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, salary requirement and a list of three professional references with HR Director in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.