Communities In Schools of Nevada is always looking for talented individuals that want to contribute and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communities In Schools of Nevada works within the public school system, determining student needs and establishing relationships with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers, and parent and volunteer organizations to provide needed resources. We measure our success by the results we are able to achieve for the young people we serve. We carefully evaluate all aspects of our programs, and use that information to constantly improve. For every one of our success stories, there are dozens of young people who need the help that Communities In Schools provides.
COMPREHENSIVE SITE COORDINATOR I (Reno, NV)
Responsible for leading or co-leading a school site team in the implementation of the CIS Model at a comprehensive CIS of Nevada site. Serve as a liaison between the CIS of Nevada comprehensive site school leadership team and the CIS of Nevada office. Responsible for developing, planning, implementing and supervising the tasks associated with the annual School Site Support Plan to include Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 services. Work closely with school staff, parents/families, community agencies and students to assure coordination of the community’s services for the benefit of the students and their families. Perform any and all reasonable and work-related duties assigned by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- Assess the current campus needs with administration, teachers, school staff, parents/guardians and students, and coordinate community resources where possible to provide the needed services.
- Evaluate special campus/student problems and coordinate resources to meet the needs.
- Plan and implement special events and guest speakers for students with pre-approved programs when part of the CIS School Site Services Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Plan parental involvement activities and engage parents when part of the CIS School Site Services Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Assist CIS of Nevada Leadership in collaborating with community agencies and fostering new community resources.
- Collaborate with school staff to provide or broker appropriate services to address attendance, behavioral, course performance, and physical or social services for students in need and ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Recruit students and enroll in Tier 2 and Tier 3 integrated student support services with consent of Parent/Guardian through a signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Coordinate and complete an individual Student Support Plan for all Tier 2 and Tier 3 case managed students.
- Supervise attendance, behavior, and/or course performance goals for each student.
- Complete all forms and documentation according to program guidelines and timelines.
- Provide and document all services per program requirements.
- Keep all documentation current, which is within 30 calendar days of the service delivery.
- Access and coordinate community health and human service agencies for services delivered for the benefit of CIS of Nevada students and their families.
- Enroll students for Tier 2 and Tier 3 integrated student support services sufficient to meet required program caseload requirements as set by CIS National TQS and CIS of Nevada guidelines.
Documentation and Reporting
- Complete case management documentation in the required format, within established timelines.
- Complete monthly reports in the required format, within required timelines.
- Complete required correspondence and communication, including telephone and e-mail.
- Respond to and complete special reports as required by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- Report to CIS of Nevada Leadership issues affecting school relationships and emergency information.
- Complete registration of all new students in the data entry system as required.
- Enter service data for all CIS of Nevada students in the data entry system, within 30 days of the service delivery.
- Proactively report all problems with the data entry system to the CIS of Nevada Data Director, immediately.
- Enter all progress data quarterly and end of year data as required.
- Promote cooperation between school faculty, administration and the CIS of Nevada team, whenever possible.
- Collaborate with school staff in order to integrate the CIS of Nevada Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 services, and keep informed about pertinent activities occurring at the school and in the community.
- Provide desired feedback to the school and agency personnel.
- Network with school staff to create and maintain positive image of the CIS of Nevada.
- Communicate regularly with the school administration and staff.
Meetings, Training, and Professional Development
- Attend all CIS of Nevada Site Coordinator meetings.
- Participate in CIS of Nevada personal and professional development trainings.
- Complete SCLP certification through CIS University within required timeline.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the health and human services (or a closely related) field. Experience working with at-risk youth and case management preferred. Strong interpersonal, written and communications skills, along with computer and data base skills. Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable.