Communities In Schools of Nevada is always looking for talented individuals that want to contribute and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communities In Schools of Nevada works within the public school system, determining student needs and establishing relationships with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers, and parent and volunteer organizations to provide needed resources. We measure our success by the results we are able to achieve for the young people we serve. We carefully evaluate all aspects of our programs, and use that information to constantly improve. For every one of our success stories, there are dozens of young people who need the help that Communities In Schools provides.
The purpose of the Data Manager position is to oversee the local implementation and monitoring of the data collection requirements set forth by the National CIS Office. This includes maintaining an active knowledge of the database and national data requirements, providing support to local staff, updating documentation and training material, providing training as needed, and monitoring the data collection efforts to ensure all standards are met at the highest quality.
Facilitate and Assist with the Implementation of CISDM and Ongoing Data Collection, Training, and Management
- Act as the data liaison between the Southern Nevada Affiliate and the Nevada State Office.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the data system as well as the National data collection requirements.
- Provide ongoing training to new hires, management staff, site coordinators, interns, and AmeriCorp members.
- Provide ongoing technical support in group or one-on-one settings as needed.
- Monitor the overall quality and performance as it pertains to data collection and national standards.
- Provide reports to the Southern Nevada Executive Director, Management Staff, and Stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot database issues and provide technical support as needed.
- Monitor and update service information along with documentation.
- Develop and maintain tools and resources to ensure the highest quality of data collection is achieved.
- Complete and submit End of Year reports to provide to the National Office.
Participate as an active team member of the CIS Southern Nevada team, through attendance and active participation in meetings, trainings, professional development, fundraising activities, and other activities as required.
- Attend and participate in all required Southern Nevada staff meetings.
- Participate in CIS personal and professional development training.
- Assist with fundraising activities and events when applicable.
- Assist the Executive Director in the planning and execution of site assessments.
- Provide training and material when appropriate and/or requested by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- High level of interpersonal and communications skills, attention to detail a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational administrative skills.
- Sensitivity to and interest of the needs of youth and diverse ethnic populations.
- Previous experience utilizing online data systems in order to collect and organize information preferred.
- Previous experience monitoring data collection in a case management setting preferred.
- Previous experience working with and utilizing educational data preferred.
$49,000 to $55,000 based on experience
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and three references to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.