We give thanks on Thanksgiving. We give back on Giving Tuesday. Join us for a global celebration of generosity, Tuesday, December 2, 2014, as charities, families, businesses, communities and students from around the world come together for the common goal of giving back. When you give to Communities In Schools, you think globally and act locally. Your generous gift will make a difference in a student’s life, inspiring them to make their own incredible contributions to the world.
Join the group of diverse, influential individuals with a common goal: uniting to make a difference in the dropout crisis in our state. Find out how you can become a member of The Community and help change lives, one child at a time.
Donations received are used in the areas where they are most needed. Ninety cents out of every dollar contributed goes to direct programming. Your contribution in any amount will make a difference in assuring that students in Nevada’s schools have the services and support they need to succeed in school and in life.
- $270 saves a hungry child with a backpack of food each weekend throughout the school year.
- $200 fosters a student who has little or no support in her life with an adult advocate and friend to help her be successful in school.
- $100 ensures a senior endeavoring to graduate has a mentor so that he can get his diploma.
- $50 provides a student whose family cannot afford the basic needs with school uniforms.
- $25 helps a first grader who is struggling to learn to read with tutoring.
- $10 aids a struggling teen with necessary hygiene items.