Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together Scholarship
Each year, the Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together Scholarship is awarded to a special CIS student who has dug deep within themselves to successfully put their life and education on a positive path.
This scholarship includes:
- Up to $10,000 (max of $2,500 per year over four years), contingent on meeting requirements annually
- Applies to enrollment at an accredited college, university, community college or trade school
Applications are due by Thursday, February 29, 2024
To apply for this scholarship, you must be a high school senior enrolled in a CIS Academy class or case-managed by a CIS Site Coordinator. You must also have a minimum GPA of 2.0 at graduation and every year of renewal.
Swipe right for additional criteria.
- Step 1: Fill out the application form (click the “Apply Now” button).
- Step 2: Let your Site Coordinator know that you have applied (Remember this step!).
- Please complete by February 29, 2024.
I know this privilege doesn’t come to many, and I promise that I will do my absolute best at Great Basin College to make the most of this scholarship.Isaac Cuevas Ruelas, Elko High School Class of 2022
Scholarship Renewal Process:
Recipients of the Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together scholarship are eligible for renewal of the scholarship once per academic school year. Renewability for the scholarship will be based on the following criteria:
- Recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, community college or trade school.
- Recipients will submit transcripts every academic semester for academic support.
- Recipients must attend a minimum of 2 CIS Alumni Group events per academic school year (where applicable and available).
- Recipients must visit a minimum of 1 CIS Academy class to speak to current high school students once per academic school year (where applicable and available).
- Recipients will provide CIS with up-to-date contact information, including mailing address, email address and phone number.
For any questions, please reach out to your CIS Site Coordinator.
The Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together Scholarship is in honor of Elaine Wynn, the founding chairperson of CIS of Nevada. For nearly two decades, Wynn has been actively engaged with CIS National, the organization that serves 1.8 million children in more than 3,270 schools in 25 states. An indomitable crusader for children’s welfare and an influential philanthropist, Wynn’s commitment to improving children’s lives through education has engaged her in numerous leadership roles at local, state, and national levels.