Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates the leadership, generosity and determination of our Communities In Schools of Nevada (CIS) founding chair, Elaine Wynn. Each year it is awarded to a special CIS student who has dug deep within themselves to successfully put their life and education on a positive path. The scholarship includes:
- Up to $10,000 paid out at a max of $2,500 per year over four years, contingent on meeting requirements annually
- This applies to enrollment at an accredited college, university, community college or trade school
Applications are due by Tuesday, March 7, 2023 (Note: deadline has been extended from the previous February 28th date).
- Step 1: Fill out the application form (click the “Apply Now” button).
- Step 2: Email a copy of your transcript and essay to [email protected]
- Step 3: Let your Site Coordinator know that you have applied (Remember this step!).
- Please complete all three steps by March 7, 2023.
To apply you must be a high school senior enrolled in a Communities In Schools (“CIS”) Academy class or case-managed by a CIS Site Coordinator. Also, you must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 at graduation and every year of renewal.
Swipe below for additional criteria.
I know this privilege doesn’t come to many, and I promise that I will do my absolute best at Great Basin College to make the most of this scholarship.Isaac Cuevas Ruelas, Elko High School Class of 2022
Scholarship Renewal Process:
Recipients of the Elaine P. Wynn Stronger Together scholarship are eligible for renewal of the scholarship once per academic school year. Renewability for the scholarship will be based on the following criteria:
- Recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, community college or trade school.
- Recipients will submit transcripts every academic semester for academic support.
- Recipients must attend a minimum of 2 CIS Alumni Group events per academic school year (where applicable and available).
- Recipients must visit a minimum of 1 CIS Academy class to speak to current high school students once per academic school year (where applicable and available).
- Recipients will provide CIS with up-to-date contact information, including mailing address, email address and phone number.
For any questions, please reach out to your CIS Site Coordinator.